Hi, my name is Sam,
Here are some facts about my past year as a bike commuter:
- I have burned 25 lbs (11.5 kg) of fat
- Cycling has saved me more than $6,000 (compared to car ownership)
- I have cycled over 3000 miles (4800 km) at an average pace of 15.5 mph (25 km/h)
- My wife cycles to school with the kids 50% of the time
- Cycling has saved me 100 hours on my commute compared to public transport and 50 hours compared to driving
I have always loved cycling, but I only started bike commuting in 2018 after moving to a new country and starting a new job.
Initially, I only wanted to do it for a few months, but cycling to work quickly grew on me.Electric bikes built for everything and priced for everyone. Shop Rad Power Bikes, America's #1 electric bike brand. Get out. Go further. Ride Rad.
I have no intention of driving to work or taking public transportation ever again!
I had lots of questions about gear, mindset, fitness, which I researched when I started out. I answer those questions here as if I was writing to my beginner bike commuter self.
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!